Focus on building a community of safety and respect, inspire students to become activists, and learn about the foundations of racial justice work.
- Building a community
- Create ground rules as a Racial Justice Alliance
- Write a mission statement
- Use ice breaker activities to begin engaging in courageous conversations
- Inspiring students to become activists
- Watch Montpelier High School’s RJA short film
- Check out Youth United through Teaching Tolerance, to gain more examples of youth activists
- Learning the foundations
- Provide baseline readings to begin RJA discussions and shared understandings
- Watch the toolkit film [name]? and look at the paired discussion guide
September is Hispanic Heritage Month!